Friday, June 03, 2011

the Big Easy

After working up an appetite at Chelsea Flower Show last week,  I was in need of some hearty sustenance. Floral photography can be very tiring and after 18gb's worth of hard core snapping, only something meaty was going to cut it! Cue, Big Easy. A wonderful establishment on the Kings Road that is all about big food and delicious cocktails! It's worth booking ahead as an hours wait at the bar can get very messy, once you get a taste for their margaritas!  But seriously, the vibe here is great so you won''t mind the wait too much, especially once the live music starts...Margaritas + acoustic rock = good times! 

Then there is the mouth watering food. We are talking lots of meat and great seafood, American stylie. My challenge was baby back ribs, slaw and shrimp. The waiter didn't think i was up to it...and annoyingly I proved him right! Man, I was still dreaming about those 3 remaining ribs the next day. I'm planning on redeeming myself with the 'Big Pig Gig' challenge....see below for details. Next time, I will not fail!
this place is full of character and i just loved all the little quips and sayings dotted around....